twitter
    Let’s tweet together...

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Walk on… Walk On…

It’s been a testing time lately… both literally and figuratively. With professors raining exams, submissions, and projects on our hapless souls like the torrential Indian monsoons, on the populace, life was never so busy.

 

To add to it, the mood’s been a bit blue too. Why? Well, I don’t really know. It could be the academic drudgery, the lack of sleep, the social reclusiveness that I seem to have donned of late, or a zillion other things. And so, I constantly find myself humming, “We don’t need no ‘ejj-oo-cay-shun’, we don’t need no thought contro-o-o-o-l,” pretty frequently.

 

And when one finds me humming/singing, or producing any kind of …ahem… vocal effect, one tends to acknowledge that , “Houston, we have a problem.”

 

Anyway, since this was supposed to be a tale of woe and misery, I think I should stop cracking jokes, and cut to the chase, as  they say. So, in the bleakest of moods, I sat, with my academic (under)performance topmost on my mind. (It can be quite frustrating when you know that you surely deserve better grades than what you have been getting.)

 

But then, as I do sometimes, when the clouds of despair gather around, I began to watch the highlights of that iconic match between Liverpool and A.C. Milan during the Champions League, 2005. That was when after being 3 goals down to the best team in the world, a team refused to give up a die. A team resolved to fight till the last breath, and WON!!

 

I guess the biggest takeaway from that is that one doesn’t lose, as long as one puts in one’s best. Even if the outcome is not in one’s favour, one still emerges a winner, albeit in a different sense.

 

There are loads of exciting things to do… a new startup, waiting to be launched… a couple of research projects to be undertaken… a story to be written (Thanks Mytho, for the encouragement in that direction…)

 

Like the Liverpool anthem says,

 

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

 

And like Scriber says, “Life awaits you. Make good choices and have fun!”

7 comments:

RB said...

Truly, you'll never walk alone either.
Have fun with the choices that you make and they will turn out to be good ultimately.

And as you say, these tough times shall pass soon. :)

Sumit said...

Thanks Aarbee! :)

BrownPhantom said...

That is some anthem. It's good to see liverpool once again rising once again this EPL season.
I tend to link this anthem with "Fearless" from Pink Floyd.

And times sure are tough these days for everyone I know. So mood remains blue more often . As you rightly said, one needs to Walk On .

no signal said...

Milan Vs Liverpool 05 match is always an inspiration/motivation, truly extraordinary and remarkble. REDs won a champs league n lost at EPL :|

Waiting for more. :)

Me said...

"All's not over, till it's actually over"

Nothing is beyond you...
Everything Lies within you ^-^

Sumit said...

@Phantom... That's a natural link, because at the end of "Fearless', one can hear Liverpool's anthem being sung by the crowd along with chants of "Liverpool, Liverpool!"

@NS....yeah!! :)

@Dee.... agreed! Thanks for the note. :)

Scriber's Web said...

This is actually good preparation for future. You'll learn how to act and think very very fast on your feet. I have to do it every single day at my job and I wish I had had the training:)

Good luck! Love reading your blog.